16 September 2012

CAMINO PART 3 Logroño to Santiago

Have arrived in the lovely City of Leon.  Have just checked into the lovely Hostal Alda Casco Antiguo with Nick my English friend for the last week. We part today as he will be walking longer distances from now on. My blisters have slowed me. To date I have walked about 300 km. just less than half way to Santiago on this walk.
To date I have met about 15 different Nationalities. The walk, the people, the food and wine have all been fantastic, and everybody looks out for each other. I find the walking difficult at times and have to cope with blisters on my feet at present. The paths we walk on can vary from grassy paths,to rocky, to sandy, to remote paths through the countryside, even along old Roman roads to walking by the side if busy roads. The hostals and Albergues I have stayed in so far have been great and the Pilgrim excellent.
The weather so far has been very hot, so early starts Re important, so 6.30 am is the usual time of start.