22 August 2013

MY LATEST CAMINO/S

Well I am at last finalizing my plans for my latest Camino adventures. This year, in the Autumn I am going to Portugal and I am going to do 3 Pilgrimages.

1. I am going to fly to Lisbon and do a bit of sightseeing there. From there I am going to travel ,by bus, to Fatima for my first Pilgrimage.

2. I am then going to travel by bus to Coimbra and start walking to Santiago. That is my 2nd. Pilgrimage.

3. When I reach Santiago and collect my Compostela, I will stay overnight there and the following morning I will travel to Ourense in Spain, to meet up with friends from England, who I met last year, and will walk with them to Santiago again and collect my second compostela for this year.

My training here in Ireland continues. I walk 3 times a day to get used to walking the longer distances that I will be walking on the Camino. At weekends I normally walk between 20 and 30 km.